Jan 14, 2011

I, Max (DaOdderWeenie) Demands Equality

My Sissy, BIG SAUSAGE BUTT, da B-U-T-ful Amber, was a tellin' y'all bout her unfortunate encounter wit da Steps of Doom in hers last posty.  Soooooooo.......since she be startin' her regular weekend NAP session early dis week, I, Max (DaOdderWeenie) will takes ovr' dis posty and tells you bout my big OUCHY a couple of years ago.

I seems to have had dat same problem wit my back dat so many of us looooooong breeds have.  One day I gets up and I couldn't walk.  My front feet wanted to takes off and do zoomies but my butt jus' didn't wants to follow.  So I sit dere. 

Mom, in her all-knowing way....and her previous experience wit da weenies before us....knew I hads to get to da dogter right away.  Sure nuff'.  I hads to have da back surgery to removes da bad disc. 

(I tinks dat da big sausage butt lovely Amber was jus' tryin' to copy my injury when she hit da Stairs of Doom)

Anyways....dis is what I looked like da day I come home from da jail for sickies.


And a closer up pic!


It was amazing to me dat my back side wouldn't move at all before da surgery.  Butt......I was revin' up my engines da day I came home.  Jus' check out da tail cranking action.  VAROOOOM!!!  Dis is a video dat Mom took of handsome me when I gots back home after surgery.  I could have done da zoomies but I didn't wants to get da Mom going all cracker dog on me.



I must admit, it was nice milkn' my booboo as much as possible.  I even gots to sleep in da TEEPEE...

Jus' so you's don't forget what big sausage butt Sissy looks like......I has to post a foto of hers too.


Like I says at da start of dis posty.....da Sissy is starting her napping weekend early dis week. 

PROOF OF DA NAPPING BIG SAUSAGE BUTT SISSY

I, Max (DaOdderWeenie) thanks you very much for letting me visit y'all in da absence of da sleeping Sis.

Cheers!

22 comments:

Deborah said...

I am glad your feeling better, that was some zipper.
I hope you all have a good day!

HH and The Boys said...

Hi Max... nice to read about your story. Sorry you had to go through all that, but the pictures are very great. Have a good weekend,Max and Sissy too..

pawhugs, Max

Anonymous said...

Ouchie, Max!! You two had some painful looking stuff happen to you. We're glad you got your sickies fixed and your boo boo is all better now! You two try to keep from having any more surgeries any time soon, okay?

Elyse and Riley

Pippen said...

Max! That's a nasty looking zipper you got there! It's good that you gots to sleep in the teepee and get lots of pampereds.

Sam and Pippen

PeeS. We live in Victoria BC so it's not too cold up here... lots of people still walk around in shorts in December and January! And if it snows, it's usually gone in a day.

Backcountry Brodie said...

It be a good think you had those furrends there to check out the stitchery to be sure the dogter did it rite.

Unknown said...

Owwwwie Max!

None of us have had da back issues, butt my Angel brudder Dude and another of my mommas doxins had to haves it!

After Dude's surgery my momma implemented a no stairs, no furniture jumping (ie No Fun) policy in our house! Sigh.

Remington said...

I am so sorry you had to go through all of that....I am happy you have recovered so well! I hope you have a fun weekend, my friend....BTW, say hi to Amber from me....

Brian's Home Blog said...

Wow, that was quite the ouchie on your back, but I sure am glad that did the trick. You were waggin and walkin purrty good in that video. Y'all have a great weekend!

ForPetsSake said...

Ouch!! Sadly, we see WeenieDogs that have this same issue (I'm a vet tech). Just before the holidays, a pup came in to have his little doggie wheelchair fitted. He wasn't able to walk at all but was so young. His owner brought the wheelies in to have us fit him, and we were all in tears watching him zoom down the hallway for the 1st time in over a month. He was all lolling tongue and happy...

Poor weenie dogs! They should come with extra padding in the spine!

My Mind's Eye said...

Max....oh my cats and dogs...I do believe you might win the prize for most impressive scar...but don't tell Amber I said so..MOL
I bet that scar is a conversation starter with all the lady Doxies.

Mom is off today she is late getting around to the bloggies...
She is retiring in March and has to take 6 days of vacation before March she says these are practice days for retirement.
Hugs Madi

3 doxies said...

Us poor weenie dogs haves such issues...it just blows...kinda like a disc.
Mum implemented all these rules to but like we actually listen to her or sumptin...sheeez! We is doxies, we don't listen.
Albert had dis surgery too. I wasn't heres yet but I has heard stories.

Puddles

bichonpawz said...

We are so sorry that you had to go through all of that! Hope you are feeling much better now. xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

Ruby and Penny said...

Oh Max, we feel even woozier. We have to hang our heads below our knees, if that's possible.
We're so happy you are ok.
Love Ruby & Penny

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Good grief!!! You two have had a hrd time! Your poor wee spines!!!

We see your tail wagging away in that video! Looks like you were a little wobbly still, but you were walking!

Scooter said...

wow!! That is something else!! Good thing you healed and are doing goood now.

wags
Jazzi

Jans Funny Farm said...

We're amazed you had such an energetic tail and were walking around after such surgery. We're glad you are okay!

Thank you and your sis for voting for FPCA. We sure want to see them get help.

Lorenza said...

Max!
You had a big ouchie too!
Glad you are recovered now!
A long weekend nap?? Hmmm... sounds interesting!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

The Daily Pip said...

Ouch, that looks painful! Boy, you sure bounced back - you are quite an inspiration!

Your pal, Pip

George The Lad said...

Wow you two have been though the wars, love the way you where wagging your tail in the video, even with the big zip in your back.
Have a great weekend
See Yea George xxx

the booker man said...

max,

holy cow! that is like the hoogest zipper i have evarrr seen! i'm glad your hiney decided to start workin' again asap after that surgery!
happy weekend to you (and snoozin' miss amber)! heehee.

*woof*
the booker man

Oskar said...

That's one cool zipper! I'm so happy that you're feeling good.

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Double yikes!!!! We sure hope this is the end of the big boo boos for you and your sister.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara